Primavera P6 Genius Bar is a series where Michael answers questions to your most pressing Primavera P6 problems, in a live online format.
We haven’t run the Genius Bar as much as I had hoped throughout this year, but I’m giving it a comeback. September 2015’s Primavera P6 Genius Bar had some great questions about reporting, reflections and baselining – all very relavant topics for the Primavera P6 user.
Here’s a synopsis of what Plan Academy students were struggling with and the solutions we came up with.
- How often should you baseline or rebaseline a project schedule?
- How to document your baselines.
- What sorts of reporting should I deliver to my client versus my boss?
- Reflection projects and reporting.
- Indicating a report of what has changed in a project since the last update, using Change Inspector.
- Building a Project Status report with Layouts and Change Inspector.
- Tips and Tricks with Layouts that can be used for reporting.
There was a big focus on building a project status report in MS Word with data from P6, but using Layouts, Excel and Change Inspector.
Be sure to watch the parts that are relevant to you.
Until next time,
Start Your Primavera P6 Training Today!
This video is only available
to Plan Academy members.
Michael Lepage is a Primavera P6 Consultant and Professor. He helps people from all over the world learn planning, scheduling and everything about Oracle Primavera P6. Michael spent many years teaching classroom courses for all levels of P6 users.