Are you fresh on the scene of project management or is thinking about investing in a career in this industry – but not sure how to go about starting out or getting your first break?
Project Management has become more and more in demand globally and is very popular and necessary in many organizations to run smoothly. Like all other career paths, diving in head first might not be a great idea, but to have a better chance of succeeding and getting your first break, try to get familiar with the various roles and responsibilities that a career in project management has to offer.
Chances are someone has already been through the challenges that you are soon to face pursuing a career in project management and getting some advice from those who have already gone through the hurdles to get there is a good starting point.
Check out the SlideShare below by Geoff Crane for 52 Tips to Help You Break into Project Management from project practitioners who have already made it. Read their stories and get advice on the best way to go about finding your job, finding the project that’s right for you and finding your skills.
Some of the project practitioner’s stories you’ll see include:
- Cesar Abeid, PMP – Project Manager, Remontech
- Andy Jordan – President, Roffensian Consulting Inc.
- John A. Estrella, PHD, CMC, PMP – President, Agilitek
- Sylvie Edwards, PMP, STDC – Principal/Owner, SRE Solutions
- John Cropper – Director, Project Services Lingos
- Same Barnes – Development Team Manager at GlobalDev
- Kareem Shaker – Senior Manager, Project and Enterprise risk Dubai World
- … many more
Get some insight from the SlideShare below and learn how various project practitioners around the world dealt with the transition from trainee to becoming a leader in this field.
Do you have any advice for those who are looking to break into project management? Please leave a comment below and check out some of out related posts.
- How To Jump Start Your Career in Project Controls
- 8 Steps Project Controls Professionals Must Take for a Killer LinkedIn Profile
- Top 6 Reasons How PMP Certification Will Advance Your Career
- How To Prepare For Your Next Project Controls Job Interview