Plan Academy (“Plan Academy“, “we“, “us“, “our” and terms of similar meaning) takes your privacy rights very seriously. We are committed to transparently describing our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose (a) your personal or personally identifiable information or business information (if and as applicable) (“Information“); and (b) data we obtain from your activity on the Site, Software, and/or Services (“Data“) as part of providing the Site, Software, and/or the Services. The Site, Software, and/or the Services shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Services“.
All capitalized terms or terms that were otherwise defined in the applicable set of Terms that are not otherwise defined herein obtain their meaning from the Terms.
- What Information and Data Do We Collect?
- Our primary purpose in collecting Information from you voluntarily is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience when using the Services. We will only ask for and collect Information that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
- You can browse the public facing sections of the Services without telling us who you are or revealing any Information. When applying for or registering for a User Account, as applicable, you must provide Information as requested or where indicated on the Services. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. In addition, as you use the Services, you may be requested or required, from time to time to share through the Services (either with us or other Users) further Information.
- You represent that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents and approvals to provide any Information, including any Information of another individual or entity, that is provided by you to Plan Academy and/or another User through the Services or otherwise.
- If you are able to and do sign up for a User Account using Third-Party Sites, we may also get basic Information collected by the third-party provider, which may include your name, gender, profile photo and/or connections.
- You always have the option to not provide Information by choosing not to use, access and/or become a User.
- Payment Method. If you have registered for a User Account, we may collect your credit card, other payment and/or banking information. If and when you add a credit card, payment method and/or banking information to a User Account, such information and your Information may be shared with our third-party payment processor(s).
- User Feedback. We may collect ratings and reviews, feedback and other Information from other Users. Such ratings and reviews, feedback and other Information shall be made in accordance with the Terms.
- Data Collected Automatically
- How Do We Use Information and Data? We may use Information to determine your eligibility to have a User Account and be a User of the Services. We may also use your Information and Data to provide to you the License to use the Services, to provide you with the Services; to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes; to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; to advise of pricing and Services related updates; facilitate transactions and payments (if applicable); to resolve service disputes; to troubleshoot problems; to inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, events and updates; to analyze usage of the Services; to improve our Services and Content offerings; to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests; to customize your experience, layout and the Services; to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; to enforce our Terms; to provide you with system or administrative messages; and/or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. These uses improve the Services and better tailor it to meet your needs.
- Our Disclosure of Information and Data
- Sharing Between Users. Users of the Services may be able to see basic Information about each other, including, as applicable, names, photos, ratings, Verifying Information and any other Information added to a User Account or to User Content.
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We may aggregate and anonymize Data and use and disclose it for a variety of purposes, including analytics. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any Information.
- Public Areas of the Services. User activities in the public areas of the Services may be identifiable to a User Account, and all or certain users of the Services may be able to see your published content.
- Sale of Business. We may disclose Information and Data to the acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
- Storing and Processing Information and Data. In some cases, Information and Data that we collect may be stored or processed outside of Canada. When that occurs, we continue to protect the Information and Data with appropriate safeguards and data export requirements, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates and Services Providers. We may use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and/or unrelated service providers (collectively, “Third Parties“) in connection with our provision of the Services, including, without limitation, for the processing of payments, off-premise data hosting and communication services. We may disclose your Information and Data to the Third Parties in the course of our use of their services. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information and Information and Data and the compliance with all applicable laws.
- Correcting and Updating Information and Data. You may review, delete and update your Information by contacting us, to ensure it is accurate and complete on the Services.
- Information and Data Retention
- Minor Privacy. The Services is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). Plan Academy does not target its Services to individuals under eighteen (18). Plan Academy does not intentionally or knowingly collect Information and Data from individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and does not knowingly allow such persons to use the Services.
- Security. Each User Account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your User Account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your device. We strive to protect your Information and Data by putting in place a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Information and Data we receive from you, including without limitation, security technologies. We are continuously utilizing security measures to protect your Information and Data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of any Information and Data. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or Services failure and other factors, may compromise the security of Information and Data at any time.
- Questions? It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please email us at email@example.com.
This document was last updated on November 6, 2021.