Project controls is vital to any construction contracting business. Providing practical estimates of appropriate time, cost, and results of the project is an essential foundation leading up to effective decisions made by management.
For project controls planners, finding inspiration for success may be as guide-less as a feather floating in mid-air, or requires as much effort as trying to recapture that feather that is floating aimlessly.
Regardless, mindfulness and reflection can be key for controlling your projects and staying on track professionally and personally.
For some daily inspiration and nuggets of wisdom, below are 12 quotes to keep in mind that will hopefully positively assist your project success.
Inspirational Quotes For Project Controllers
12. “The P in PM is as much about ‘PEOPLE’ management as it is about ‘PROJECT’ management” – Walt Disney
11. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
10. “It comes from saying no to 1,000 things to make sure we don’t get on the wrong track or try to do too much. [ ], but it’s only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.” – Steve Jobs
9. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra.” – Colin Powell
8. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – Cornelius Fichtner
7. “A project without a critical path is like a ship without a rudder.” – D. Meyer
6.”Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating the talents of those who work for us and pointing them towards a certain goal” – John Quincy Adams
5. “Those who plan do better than those who do not plan even though they rarely stick to their plan.” – Alexander Graham Bell
4. “Fit no stereotypes. Don’t chase the latest management fads. The situation dictates which approach best accomplishes the team’s mission.” – H.E. Luccock
3. “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; [ ]. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” – Tony Robbins
2. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Winston Churchill
1. “Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.” – Sun Tzu
If you have your own titbit of inspiration that has helped you along the way, please share it with us and remember – “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William Butler Yeats