Plan Academy is a leader and innovator in online project management training for professionals in Construction, Engineering, Energy, and Oil & Gas. Plan Academy’s on-demand video training is helping professionals and companies alike succeed in delivering their construction projects. With clients worldwide, Plan Academy is growing. Come grow with us!
If you are a trainer or educator, check out our Call For Trainers page.
Video Producer – Hamilton, ON
March 5, 2019
Plan Academy is looking for a Video Producer to help us create online video courses and grow the Plan Academy brand with video.
- Have you got freelance video production experience?
- Have you shot a ton of weddings or music videos?
- Are you resourceful and self-sufficient?
- Do you love video tech?
- Are you looking to continue to make better work?
If you answered “yes” to at least half of these questions… we should talk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing training & educational videos start to finish.
- Help drive & manage online video course creation and production
- Assisting in the video production process from recording to editing to publishing
- Deliver a variety of video needs, including videos for product launches, landing pages, educational content and advertising campaigns.
- Publish course videos to our Learning Management System
- Work with the team to maintain the quality—and push the boundaries—of the Plan Academy brand as it pertains to online video training.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have solid knowledge of DSLR, mirrorless, and/or cinema cameras.
- Have proven experience with video recording, video editing & video production
- Have experience with online training, training delivery and training production
- Have an understanding of lighting, composition, and audio techniques.
- Are comfortable directing people on camera.
- Have knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro & Camtasia Studio. Adobe After Effects and the willingness to learn After Effects would be helpful but not necessary.
- Are interested in tackling the whole video-creation process, from concept & script to customize & embed.
- Understand that bad ideas are a part of the creative process. Develop a knowledge of when to fight for an idea and more importantly when to let it go and move on.
- LOVE media. From personal to professional videos, your work should be an indicator that you have a passion for video.
In your first 3 months, you can expect to
- Play a key role in on-demand course creation
- Make some videos that you’re really proud of
- Get a deeper understanding of the Plan Academy brand, voice, and tone
- Collaborate with others at Plan Academy to promote our products and educate our audience
Your success will be measured by:
- The quality of the work, ideas and approaches you contribute to our team
- Your ability to hit deadlines and establish and manage timelines
- Work that displays an understanding of Plan Academy’s core audience & our long-term strategy
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in each other, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible hours
- Flexible paid time off
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you’ll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!
Please email your coverletter & resume (both required) to email@example.com.