The Plan Academy blog has 1000’s of subscribers and attracts over 50,000 visits per month. The Plan Academy blog publishes high-quality informative articles on Project Controls topics every week. Our articles are meant to educate, inform and inspire our readers.
If you would like to share your Project controls expertise and align it with our goal of helping Project Control Professionals learn new techniques, theories, and practical know-how, consider becoming a Plan Academy guest blogger.
Successful guest blog articles are comprehensive, data-driven, and interesting posts that teach our readers about a particular aspect within the Project Controls and Project Management industry.
Here’s what you need to know when pitching your idea…
How To Submit:
- Email us at email@example.com with a pitch about your concept first before compiling your article. We’ll provide you with feedback on your ideas and how it may fit into the goals of the site. You will get a response from us within 2 weeks of your submission. Please note, not every article will be accepted.
- No length requirements: Posts should be as long as they need to be to be high quality and comprehensive. (Too vague? Check out our existing articles for some guidance.)
- Post submitted in HTML or in a Word document with any image files (including attribution) attached separately.
- If your pitch is accepted, you will be emailed a link to a template that you can use to email us your completed article for us to review and for acceptance.
- In some cases, Plan Academy is willing to compensate authors for high-quality articles or tutorials. Email us to inquire.
Guest Author Requirements:
- Well-written and high-quality original article (we all know how Google hates duplicate content). Your article must be your original work and not published elsewhere.
- The article must reflect the writing tone of Plan Academy readers.
- Your article must be comprehensive, well-written and easy to follow and understand. Break down steps and be clear and concise in describing a procedure.
- Please avoid self-promotion in the article unless otherwise stated.
- Short author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to your own website. Remember, Google frowns upon guest blogging as a link building technique.
- Post submitted in HTML or in a Word document with any image files (including attribution) attached separately
Images and Screenshots
If you are using any diagrams or images to instruct the user. There are a few things you need to know in this regard:
- DO NOT use images from the internet UNLESS they have a Creative Commons License for Commercial Use. In this case you must provide an attribution link back to the image page you found the image on. Note you can find CC Commercial images on the internet by using the Creative Commons Search site.
- DO use diagrams or screenshots you created yourself or images from free stock sites like PicJumbo and StockVault.net. Make sure you check the agreement for use in files for distribution. Sometimes you need to ask permission from the photographer. We need this because if the image is included in the sample file, we can’t distribute it unless you have permission.
Please include links to the source of any diagrams or images you have used in your article wherever it has been used. This helps protect the site, and yourself!
- Submissions must meet Plan Academy’s quality standards in order to get published.
- Please avoid being self-promotional in the body of your article. Save that for your author bio.
- We cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog afterward (it’s that whole duplicate content thing again).
- Plan Academy reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Plan Academy reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Plan Academy content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.