Are You Overwhelmed By Primavera P6’s Fields, Options and Screens?
How Would Mastering Primavera P6 Enhance Your Career?
Creating a good project schedule is difficult enough without having to deal with complex project management software.
Primavera P6 can sometimes baffle even experienced project professionals. That’s why we believe in training that is repeatable.
Our training takes the complexity and confusion out of Primavera P6 with professional videos that are clear and concise. And you can watch them as many times as it takes.
Not only that, we use real-world examples and hands-on assignments so you can practice working with Primavera P6 like it’s real thing. We’ll even review your work and give you feedback!
Whether you’re too intimidated by Primavera P6 or you want to take what you already know to the next level, we will share everything about using Primavera P6 to manage schedules that we have learned from consulting on projects around the world.
I believe that anyone can create good schedules and manage them to help drive a successful project. It just takes patience, dedication, and the right amount of focused learning.
That’s why I made these courses.
What You Will Learn
Plan Academy’s Core Curriculum
Plan Academy has built a Core Curriculum as a series of video Courses. These are Courses are essential for any Primavera P6 user to learn the skills needed to succeed with the tool. Each Course builds on the previous Course. The entirety of the Core Curriculum videos will take you through building a realistic schedule or project in Primavera P6 Professional, from a blank slate to progress updating.
Let’s take you through the Primavera P6 Core Curriculum Courses in detail.
Introduction to Primavera P617 lessons | 1 hr 49 mins
- How to Download & Install Primavera P6 16.1
- Understanding Primavera P6 Architecture
- Getting Familiar with the Primavera P6 Interface
- Opening A Project & Understanding EPS
- Creating a New Project
- An Overview of Work Breakdown Structure
- Adding WBS
- Importing PLF Layout Files
- Adding Activities
- The 4 Types of Activity Relationships
- Adding Relationships Links
- Introduction to Activity Layouts
- Setting Up A Basic Activity Layout
- Importing XER Files
- Exporting Projects to An XER File
Scheduling in Primavera P612 lessons | 1 hr 51 mins
- What is CPM Scheduling
- CPM Scheduling Example
- Scheduling In Primavera P6
- Working with the P6 Scheduler
- Total Float and Project Deadlines
- Must Finish By Deadlines
- Understanding Calendars
- Creating Calendars
- Assigning Calendars and using Fill-Down
- Understanding Constraints
- Applying Activity Constraints
- Organizing Activities and Renumbering Activity IDs
Resource Management in Primavera P613 lessons | 1 hr 35 mins
- Introduction to Resource Management in Primavera P6
- Resource Concepts
- Essential Resource Configuration Fields in Primavera P6
- Adding Labor Resources
- Adding Non-Labor Resources
- Adding Material Resources
- Understanding Resource Codes
- Adding and Administering Resource Codes
- Resource-Loading A Schedule
- Assigning Resources at the WBS Level using WBS Summary
- High-Level Resource Assignments
- Finding Resource Over-allocations
- Resolving Resource Over-allocations
Cost Management in Primavera P6 Professional10 lessons | 1 hr 04 mins
- Cost Management Concepts
- Resource Costs
- Setting a Default Resource Rate for the Project
- Increasing Resource Rates in Primavera P6
- Overriding Resource Rates
- Expense Costs in Primavera P6
- Adding Expenses in Primavera P6
- Cost Loading a P6 Project Step by Step
- WBS Summary & Level of Effort Costing
Essential Activity Codes in Primavera P67 lessons | 1 hr 01 mins
- Understanding Activity Codes in Primavera P6
- Creating Activity Codes
- Assigning Activity Codes
- Essentials of Grouping & Filtering with Activity Codes
- Understanding the 3 Types of Activity Codes
- Build a Multi-Project Report Using Activity Codes
- Tallying Costs using Activity Codes
Project Baselines in Primavera P611 lessons | 1 hr 01 mins
- Primavera P6 Baseline Concepts
- Create a Baseline in Primavera P6
- Baseline Fields and Data in P6
- Displaying Baseline Data
- Updating a project Baseline in P6
- Copying a Baseline in P6
- Converting a Baseline Back to a Project
- Evaluating your Project against a Baseline
- Build a Baseline Comparison Layout
- Building a Baseline Date Variance Layout
Progress Updating in Primavera P619 lessons | 1 hr 38 mins
- Essential Concepts to Progressing a Schedule
- The Primavera P6 Data Date
- Actual Fields in Primavera P6
- Build A Great Progressing Layout
- The Pitfalls of Percent Complete Types
- Percent Complete Fields and Settings
- A Walkthrough of Each Percent Complete Type
- Which % Complete Type To Use On Your Project
- Setting a % Complete Type for the Whole Project
- The Helpful Progress Spotlight Tool
- Progressing A Milestone
- Simple Activity Progressing
- Checklist: Simple Activity Progressing
- Progressing Resource & Cost-loaded Activities
- Checklist: Resource & Cost-loaded Activities
- Progressing Level of Effort and WBS Summaries
- Removing Progress and Fixing Mistakes
- Moving the Data Date
- Final Thoughts on Progressing
Our Bonus Courses are not part of the Core Curriculum and they are not required to earn your Primavera P6 certificate. They are included in ALL memberships – you get FULL ACCESS to both of these courses.
Advanced P6 Reporting in Excel
Learn to quickly and easily generate compelling graphs and charts in Excel from P6 data. Most struggle with P6 data in Excel, but with the special workflows you’ll learn in this course, you’ll be a pro and make it look easy. Become a master at graphing Primavera P6 data in Excel.
Introduction to Primavera P6 EPPM
Primavera P6 Professional’s big brother is called Primavera P6 EPPM and he is completely web-based. Start learning Primavera P6 EPPM and see how you can plan in the web. More courses on EPPM to come.
Don’t have a copy of Primavera P6 Professional software?
In order to learn Primavera P6, you’ll want to use the software. If you don’t already have a copy, a trial copy Primavera P6 Professional is available and we’ll point you to it. In fact, training video #1 will show you step-by-step exactly how to download and install the latest version of Primavera P6 Professional. You’ll be up and running with trial copy in no time – one that you can throughout your training.
Meet Michael Lepage
Hi, I’m Michael, Chief Learning Officer here at Plan Academy. I’ve been working with Primavera P6 software since 2007. Through classroom courses, online training and our blog, I’ve helped 1000s of engineering & construction professionals like you decipher and master Primavera P6. Teaching is a passion of mine and so is technology. When I put them together, Plan Academy was born. I hope you like what you see!
Meet Gowtham Sundar
Hi, I’m Gowtham. In my work as a project management consultant in India, I teach and consult on all things Oracle Primavera P6. I spend most of my time working with Primavera P6 and love to do it. It’s also a pleasure helping and teaching others.
Shamsaddin landed a job as a Site Scheduler“I answered 5 of the 30 interview questions describing scheduling concepts I had learned from Plan Academy’s Primavera P6 training lessons. I passed the interview and am now working as a Site Scheduler at a major international Oil & Gas company.”
Luis Gained An Edge for Winning Construction Bids“Plan Academy’s Primavera P6 training helped me solidify my position at work. The videos showed me how to accurately communicate our projects status. I have definitely saved time in my scheduling, along with giving me an edge for submitting and winning bid work.”
Frequently Asked Questions
“Who is this training for?”
This training is aimed at engineering and construction professionals working in industries such as Construction, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, & Energy. The training will be helpful for anyone from complete beginners to intermediate level students looking to fill their gaps with Primavera P6. It’s also perfect for anyone who has previously used P3, SureTrak, Microsoft Project or Contractor or anyone looking for a refresher on Primavera P6.
“What is On-demand or Self-paced Video Training?”
On-Demand training provides you with access to our library of online videos which you can watch anytime and anywhere you have internet access. The courses are self-paced meaning that you can watch as much or as little as you like in a sitting – the pace is up to you to decide.
“How do I watch the videos?”
Upon purchase of a membership you’ll get access to our library where you can watch them online (even on iOS or Android devices).
“Is there howework? Do you review it?”
Yes. To earn a certificate on Primavera P6 you’re going have to do some work. Each course has a workshop homework assignment that you complete on your copy of Primavera P6. Once you’re done, you upload your completed assignment to us through the site. Our expert markers personally review and provide feedback on every assignment so you know if you’re on-track. When you successfully complete all 7 assignments, you will earn your training certificate.